ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Draft Interim Report (Phase I)

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Draft Interim Report (Phase I)
  • From: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:06:11 -0700

Dear All,

As discussed this week, I have prepared a  draft Interim Report for your review
and consideration.  Please note that I shortened the Report by eliminating
many annexes and replacing them with hyperlinks to the relevant information.
The Phase I Report is still large (over 100 pages), and is  posted on the VI
WG's WIKI page at:

https://st.icann.org/vert-integration-pdp/index.cgi?vertical_integration_pdp

The following new  points are reflected in the Interim Report:

*         The VI WG is unable to reach a  consensus on recommendations for the
first round of new gTLD applications

*         The VI WG is unable to reach a consensus on next steps for conducting
Phase II of the PDP

*         Phase I is completed and the VI WG will be suspending its activities

*         The GNSO Council will need to determine how to proceed with respect
to Phase II

Please be prepared to discuss any final revisions to the Draft Interim Report
on Monday's VI call, since the goal is to publish the Report next week in time
for discussion at the ICANN Cartagena meeting.

Best Regards,

Margie

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor