ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items

  • To: "'vertical integration wg'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:37:16 +0100

I apologize as well. Having just moved this weekend, my new house is still without Internet or telephone.

Best regards,

Volker Greimann

I will be missing today's call, I apologize. Mikey is already aware.
The problem, from my part, is a bit wider than a call that I have to miss.
When I proposed my candidature for this WG, I was under the impression that
I was taking a commitment for a workload that was intense, but short in
duration, the deadline I assumed was June, the Brussels meeting. I could
cope with the continuation after Brussels, but now some other commitments
that I took when I was thinking to be less busy in the last part of 2010 and
2011 come in the way.
I will do my best for participating and doing my share of chairmanship, but
at one point in time, when we close this first phase, we need to make plans
for the medium-long term, and at that point I need to revise my commitment.
If I see that the time needed for continuing co-chairing this WG is
exceeding my availability in the next few months, I will be forced to be a
plain participant. Not that the engagement needed by "simple participants"
is low, but at least failure to provide continuity would not jeopardize the
group's effort.
Cheers,
Roberto