ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:42:17 -0600

thanks Roberto.

i'd like to join you and say that i think the end of Phase I represents an
opportunity for us all to hit the "reset" button and assess the path forward.

i've also got a lot of things coming up after Cartagena that will make it
really hard for me to continue on as a co-chair.  so i think starting Phase II
will present the opportunity to establish a new leadership team.

Roberto, it's been a great delight to co-chair this with you.  i feel like i've
made a good friend as well as gaining a trusted colleague over the last months.

thanks!

mikey

On Nov 8, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> I will be missing today's call, I apologize. Mikey is already aware.
> The problem, from my part, is a bit wider than a call that I have to miss.
> When I proposed my candidature for this WG, I was under the impression that
> I was taking a commitment for a workload that was intense, but short in
> duration, the deadline I assumed was June, the Brussels meeting. I could
> cope with the continuation after Brussels, but now some other commitments
> that I took when I was thinking to be less busy in the last part of 2010 and
> 2011 come in the way.
> I will do my best for participating and doing my share of chairmanship, but
> at one point in time, when we close this first phase, we need to make plans
> for the medium-long term, and at that point I need to revise my commitment.
> If I see that the time needed for continuing co-chairing this WG is
> exceeding my availability in the next few months, I will be forced to be a
> plain participant. Not that the engagement needed by "simple participants"
> is low, but at least failure to provide continuity would not jeopardize the
> group's effort.
> Cheers,
> Roberto

phone   651-647-6109