ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Tierney letter to Strickland, via Dengate-Thrush

  • To: Mueller Milton <mueller@xxxxxxx>, Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx, Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Tierney letter to Strickland, via Dengate-Thrush
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:59:10 +0800

I read it the same way.    In the context of new TLDs the DoJ recommendation is
perplexing.

What they seem to be saying is that a pre-delegation decision must also be made
whether or not a new TLD could have
market power (the last para in particular applies).      Milton -  Do you read
it the same way?

If so, I don't know how anyone would pre-determine the likelihood of this (esp.
if the applicant is a new entity).

Welcome thoughts from others.

RT

PS.   the band is NOT getting back together