ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-string]

forwarded message from Stuart Fyfe

  • To: <gtld-string@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: forwarded message from Stuart Fyfe
  • From: Stuart Fyfe <stuart.fyfe1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:18:47 -0800

Hi ICANN,

Please forward this if I've sent it to the wrong public response address -
the ICANN site is very very difficult to use for someone just making a
comment.

ccTLD is essential in all URLs

As a home i/net user, when I search for something or am presented with a
link to something, I will decide whether to spend time on "click and wait"
depending on whether the something is likely to be relevant to me, and that
largely depends on whether the URL is in a country that is relevant to me.

Therefore, it is essential that country codes are in every URL - (.uk) etc.

It's already immensely frustrating and annoying to have so many
non-localised URLs - I don't know whether a ".com" is in my country or the
antipodes, and waste a lot of time on irrelevant sites that you could have
made better identified. Will you pay for my wasted time?

Please include ccTLD in every URL, including the existing ones.

>From Stuart Fyfe,
who took up computing because it was supposed to be logical.