ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Dot.XXX. is Corrupt and Useless

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Dot.XXX. is Corrupt and Useless
  • From: Hunter GB <dearhunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:44:42 -0500

It's apparent to anyone with common sense that this effort is an attempt to
generate profits for the very few entities that are encouraging it. .xxx
will serve no purpose to either curb pornography use or "contain" it.
Organizations, governments, etc, should NOT legislate morality, and CAN NOT
control personal decisions of individuals.

As a parent of a child who grew up in the internet age, I made it MY
responsibility to closely monitor his activities online. As an adult, I
don't feel the need to be "protected" from myself. And as a member of
society, I see no point in trying to protect others from materials that some
may find offensive while others may not. Leave this subject a matter of
personal responsibility !

Hunter