ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Internet pornography

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Internet pornography
  • From: "Louis d'Alpuget" <loud2010@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:55:14 +1000

To whom it may concern,
I wish to add my voice to the growing opposition to the introduction of an
xxx classification for internet porn. The porn industry should be
discouraged, definitely not encouraged! Pornography destroys relationships
by commodising woman and children, encouraging men to treat their women like
whores. According to Dr Maryanne Layden, an American sexual abuse counsellor
and researcher, every single case of sexual assault she has seen over the
last ten years, has had pornography as the core cause! A very good friend of
mine was addicted to internet porn and it destroyed his marriage as his wife
did not want to be treated like a piece of meat(and rightly so!)
      Please protect our families and reject the push by the money hungry
porn industry to expand their operations.
Yours Faithfully,
Lou d'Alpuget.