ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I support Option 3

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I support Option 3
  • From: "D.R. Productions NYC, LLC" <drprod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 01:00:36 -0400

To Whom It May Concern:

As a former member of the adult entertainment industry. I support Option # 3 of the March 26, 2010 process options submitted by ICANN for public comment.

I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD, and believe that the ICANN Board was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in the 2007 Board meeting in Lisbon. The issue, as the ICANN Board has realized every time in the past, is "What is the actual benefit?" Unless the .XXX domain is */required/* it simply becomes a "come-on" for unscrupulous sites, and makes censorship easier in countries with long policies of crushing citizens' freedom like China - and if you require certain sites to carry the .XXX domain, that will immediately turn into ICANN becoming a /de facto/ censor itself, having to make content decisions that, to be honest, ICANN has never shown any ability or desire to make.

Regardless of the option chosen, I ask that ICANN continue to consider the widespread opposition of the sponsored community in any further decisions concerning a .XXX sTLD,

Sincerely,
D.R. Darke
former owner of agentsofbound.com and 70sbound.com