ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I Vote NO

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I Vote NO
  • From: "Marikay Henricksen" <marikayh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 19:55:24 -0500

Folks at ICANN,

The Concerned Women for America's Legislative Action Committee has written to
its members to inform them of your plans to create a new internet domain. This
new domain - labeled .xxx - would be for the specific purpose of providing
pornographic material to viewers.  In my opinion this would be a terrible idea.
 It would make more pornography more readily available to anyone, regardless of
age.  Our young people, our young adults, even our older adults are bombarded
with sexual images and language on television programs and commercials, not to
mention most of the movies offered in today's world.  Please don't allow it to
become easier to access this horrible material by the mere click of a button!
We are sinking quickly enough into a moral abyss, without adding a special
venue. If it is within your power to stop this measure, please do!  Thank you
for letting me express my opinion.

Marikay Henricksen