ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Pornography Domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pornography Domain
  • From: "Judy Scott" <judy.rvn4fun@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:53:56 -0700

I urge you to NOT establish an xxx domain for the use of pornography.
Today, there are sexual predators in the news every day.  Children are being
sold as sex slaves, raped and their lives are destroyed to feed the
appetites of those who thrive on pornographic images.  Do not create another
avenue for the proliferation of this base material.  If you don't think of
anything else, and you are locked into a bottom line mentality, I urge you
to think of the destruction pornography inflicts on society.  Harm is done
at the individual level, in the home, to marriages, to society, to children.
Look into the face of an innocent child and refuse to create another way for
harm to be done to these innocents of society.