ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

No to Rapid Suspension System

  • To: irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to Rapid Suspension System
  • From: Cory Osborn <cory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:40:54 -0700

I am writing to voice my opposition to your Rapid Suspension System
proposals.  You are ceding to lobbying of large corporations and trademark
lawyers and infringing on the due process rights of domain holders by
creating a system for anyone to inexpensively take a website completely
offline without any proof of trademark infringement being found.  This
process is more egregious than the US Government allowing anyone to make
DMCA claims without proof of copyright infringement.  This can not be
allowed to proceed.

Sincerely,

Cory Osborn