ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

NO to URS - Actually Think About What Your Doing

  • To: irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: NO to URS - Actually Think About What Your Doing
  • From: Jarrod S <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 10:20:05 -0600

Hello,

If you think allowing rapid complaints to take sites down is a good idea you know very little about the way the internet works. This is a blackmail tool for large corporations. I am writing to inform you that I strongly disagree with Uniform Rapid Suspension System. There needs to be a process so all parties can perform their due diligence, and not allow one malicious complaint to be acted upon immediately.

I run several online businesses, and have in the past been subject to sabotage from my competitors on more that one occasion.I urge you NOT to go any farther on this rapid suspension system. Please reconsider what far-reaching and perhaps unintended consequences this misguided system will have.

Jarrod