ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

Comments on IRT

  • To: irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on IRT
  • From: Rick Schwartz <domainking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 07:33:13 -0400

I think trademark laws are quite clear and the current system is quite fast.
I don't think ICANN should be in the business of extending extra rights and
privileges that are not consistent with existing law and add haste to the
equation. Haste that can have permanrent and depremental effects on a small
business. Do no harm should be the first rule!

I just hope that ICANN actually reads these comments. More importantly I
hope they read them with an open mind. Read them understanding the pitfalls
they are about to create. The unintended hardships it will cause. The lives
it may ruin as a result of creating the abuse that will be ENCOURAGED by
theses actions.

This is a wreckless overreaching of the powers of ICANN and if adopted will
reak havoc with severe consequecnces all over the Internet.

No to Rapid Suspension.

Rick Schwartz