ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

RE: [jig] Getting started

  • To: <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [jig] Getting started
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:41:43 +0800

Hi Fahd,

>From your explanation, can I understand it to be interest to add an item for
discussion on one or both of:

- IDN language table/policy at the root for IDN TLD strings

- Consistency of language table/policy applied for 2nd/3rd level domain
registrations across TLDs

I understand that you are talking specifically about the Arabic script, am
trying to generalize what you are saying into an item for discussion for
this group.

With regards to Arabic script specifically, can you share with us perhaps
whether you think that the policies should be applied across ccTLDs and
gTLDs alike when Arabic IDNs are concerned? and why...

The JIG is intended to be a group to discuss issues that are common (or
should be viewed as common or leads to an inter-relation) across IDN ccTLDs
and IDN gTLDs.  Especially policy implementation issues at the root and
those which ICANN (or IANA for that matter) would concern itself with in
coordinating the security and stability of the DNS.  [[Others please correct
or add to this :-)]]

Edmon