ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-general]

Who will hold registrars accountable?

  • To: <net-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Who will hold registrars accountable?
  • From: "Jack Toering" <jack.toering@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:56:36 -0500

Who will hold registrars accountable and how specifically will they do it?

I would like to bring to your attention J8M.Net.  If you want to see an
example of their work, go to FindLocalPages.com, and then
FindLocalPagesCom.J8M.Net.  Guess who pays for the bandwidth of the images
and content FindLocalPagesCom.J8M.Net?  The legitimate owners of that domain
do.  Who will hold OnlineNIC responsible to remove the J8M domain name or
shut them down for allowing J8M.net to do this?  Why hasn't it happened
already?  Note who the administrator of .NET is now?  Why shouldn't we
expect more of the same?  As of two days ago, J8M.Net had >80,000 stolen
pages in Google.  When I type J8M.NET in the search on the Verisign site,
who is the current administrator of .NET, it returns nothing, indicating
that they are either ignorant of the situation, or intend to do nothing
about it.  This indicates to me the current lack of oversight of the .NET
domain, or a lack of fortitude to deal with these types of issues.  Please
prove to me that this is somehow not the case.

Sincerely yours,

Jack Toering
Leading Edge IT Architects, LLC
Phone (616)890-3773 FAX (616)532-8169