ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ombudsman-framework]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

No chance whatsoever

  • To: <ombudsman-framework@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: No chance whatsoever
  • From: "Richard C. Tietjens" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:43:20 -0800

ICANN has totally missed the boat up to this point, and the Internet's
trust in ICANN was destroyed by ICANN's constant politicking, cronyism,
and pork-barreling. The Ombudsman position is filled too late; ICANN
will be largely ignored until it is absorbed by the ITU. And, for the
record, I despise the ITU but to give credit where credit is due, the
ITU at least has not allowed (nor encouraged) telephone system
intercommunications protocols to be patented.

When I see domain registrars being defrocked, as it were, for their
blatant support of obviously-phony domain contact details, and such huge
abuse-supporters as MCI given the order to "clean up or shut down in 15
days," (and the order being enforced, since MCI will no more clean up
than China will adopt the Eastern Orthodox church as State Religion)
then and only then will I believe that ICANN is serious about correcting
its record of malfeasance, misfeasance, and nonfeasance.

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>