ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Objection to the Proposed .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements

  • To: <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Objection to the Proposed .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements
  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:55:36 +0200

Hello ICANN,

I would just like to point out that the proposal to remove price capping on the
.ORG gTLD (plus the other tlds) thus creating the potential of a .TV type price
structure does not seem like the best of ideas. Particularly for the long term
health of website development in new and existing "good" domains in this tld.

I realise that someone must have thought this was a brilliant way to increase
revenue, but I hope there are enough people in ICANN taking a long term view to
prevent or modify this new proposal.

I thank you for the opportunity to register my opinion.

Best regards,
Anthony Holland