ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Say no to variable prices

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Say no to variable prices
  • From: "Kevin Vreeland" <k.vreeland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:48:21 -0400

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment in
developing the domain names I own, I am firmly opposed to the variable
pricing of domain names by the .org registry.

Please do not approve variable pricing of domains of any kind.
Not even large corporations or personal websites. The large
corporations can suffer a huge price 'gouge' but the small business
and personal websites and blogs cannot pay domains as they are priced.
There are already other problems with domains and domain-stealing
please fix them before you consider any such idea of pricing. Do/Will
you give FREE - Indefinately registered domains to non-profit
organizations???