ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Strongly Oppose

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Strongly Oppose
  • From: Rick S <clefthelp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:01:04 -0700 (PDT)

I am writing to note my strong objection to the terms
and conditions of the proposed contracts for the
.info/.biz/.org TLD.

In particular the elimination of price caps, the
introduction of tiered pricing and the strengthening
of presumptive renewal are terms that are not in the
best interest of registrants and will hinder the
growth and development of online businesses.

I strongly urge to you to reject these contracts and
re-start the negotiation process taking into account
the upcoming recommendations of your own policy
committee (GNSO) and to advocate strongly for the
interests of the broad internet community to produce a
balanced and fair contract.

Rick