ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Strongly opposed to variable pricing.

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Strongly opposed to variable pricing.
  • From: "Scott C. Kennedy" <sck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

I am strongly opposed to the potential price increases in the .org domain.

As a long-time holder and maintainer for multiple domains in the .org
realm, I do not want to see my investment and service to non-profit
organizations be bartered off to the highest bidder. If the value of a
domain name is encumbent on the creator of the content, then the
registration of that name should hold no difference in price.

Scott