ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Re: [ga] If PIR is violating its own advisory charter, why do they expect to have .org renewed?

  • To: "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] If PIR is violating its own advisory charter, why do they expect to have .org renewed?
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:57:20 -0400

They are also in the domain name speculation business if I'm correct. Isn't
BuyDomains.com also owned by Michael Mann? Grassroots.org on the surface
seems okay, yet buydomains.com has many dot org domain names that could be
used for a charitable purpose up for sale to the highest bidder or for set
prices that are more than most charities can afford.

That brings up the whole, should a registry operator also be speculating in
the domain names under their own tld thing.