ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Re: [ga] If PIR is violating its own advisory charter, why do they expect to have .org renewed?

  • To: kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] If PIR is violating its own advisory charter, why do they expect to have .org renewed?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:21:06 -0700

Chris and all,

  Good point, and one that has been discussed before.  I can only
guess that the ICANN Bod seems to be of the opinion that at least
PIR/ISOC registry for .ORG can.  However from our members
perspective this practice seems to be a COI.

kidsearch wrote:

> They are also in the domain name speculation business if I'm correct. Isn't
> BuyDomains.com also owned by Michael Mann? Grassroots.org on the surface
> seems okay, yet buydomains.com has many dot org domain names that could be
> used for a charitable purpose up for sale to the highest bidder or for set
> prices that are more than most charities can afford.
>
> That brings up the whole, should a registry operator also be speculating in
> the domain names under their own tld thing.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827