ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06: Updated Administrative Matters

  • To: "'Liz Williams'" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06: Updated Administrative Matters
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:14:31 -0500

Thanks, Liz.

Time for meeting:

We need to address the time issue before Wellington. Why can't the Council
start a little later? That was, I believe, the request for Glen to explore?

Secretariat: There is no change to what we gave you before as the BC
Representation:

The BC representation now, and after Wellington will be

Marilyn Cade

Philip Sheppard

Mike Roberts

Alistair will be an observer, as a Councilor.

All Councilors are also able to be observers, as I understood. Do the
Councilors have to "opt in" to be on the observer category and receive the
emails of the TF, etc.?

In keeping with the goals of as much transparency as possible, all those
subscribed to any list should be published, and kept updated, when someone
is added.

Glen, can you post the full list of those on the list, as of now, please?
And note whether "official" or observer? Please include all staff
subscribed, and any board members.  That will allow councilors to note if
they are not subscribed.

Finally,  I do not believe that liaisons are automatically "on a TF",
particularly as I have understood the operation of TFs in the past. Each
liaison should be invited, through the Council, not staff, to inform the
TF/Council of their participation in any TF that the Council creates. As an
example, while we traditionally have ALAC liaisons on TFS, we have not
traditionally had GAC liaisons on TFs in the past. I think this might have
been an effort of good will, but not the "right" approach by staff in
addressing this particular topic.

Let's instead invite the liaisons to advise the Council /and then the TF, of
whether they will provide liaison representatives to the TF.

As we address, separately, the reform of the PDP, we can consult with both
the ALAC And the GAC, and the SSAC, regarding how best to address
interactions with Advisory Groups - noting that there will not be a "one
size fits all". :-)

Regards,

Thanks, Marilyn