ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan

  • To: "'Liz Williams'" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Philip Sheppard'" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:40:08 -0400

Dear all

It is finally COB for my working day and quite late. My comments on the
draft are attached. Thanks for the good start that the Staff supporting the
TF has provided. We need more work, but that is the purpose of the review
and comment process. Wish I could have done my comments earlier. I thought
that August was supposed to be slow!

:-)

Ah well, here are my comments as a BC TF member. I sent in separate comments
on the DRAFT work plan earlier.

I was surprised to see that there wasn?t equal treatment of all constituency
reports. ALL reports should have the ½ +/- page summary provided to the
Registry Constituency statement and the relevant constituency should be
allowed to approve the summary by staff.

These reports need summaries of meetings, not merely links to minutes that
aren?t even approved or agreed. We need to remember that we are building a
record, and that we are a policy development organization that has to
document its work, so that the transparency requirement and bottom up
participation processes are documented and can be fulfilled.

?shortcuts? like merely linking to minutes add no value and the ICANN
community then has to do more work by sorting around and pulling up links,
etc. MANY members of the stakeholder community rely on narrowband, and
expensive links to access web sites. A report should be ?stand alone? as
much a possible, even if lengthy.

Detailed comments are inserted in the body of the draft report.

Marilyn Cade,

BC TF member

  _____