ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-biz-info-org-agreements]

A lawsuit waiting to happen

  • To: <revised-biz-info-org-agreements@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: A lawsuit waiting to happen
  • From: "Jon Farnsworth" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:08:44 -0600

I'd like to reiterate some comments made by Jesse Labrocca on Nov 19, 2006.
Specifically, I object to the following pieces of the ICANN contract:

1) Monopolistic prices
2) Lack of competitive bidding for renewal
3) Uncapped price increases in the face of declining costs
4) Permitting differential pricing on domain renewals
5) Registry ownership and the unfettered resale of public and private data

If these elements are not satisfactorily addressed, domainers next step is to
file a large class action lawsuit to have our voices heard.
Jon Farnsworth
President/CEO
Englebrite LLC