ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

personal view

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: personal view
  • From: Adam Elliott <adelliott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:17:09 -0500

Hello,

I've been to ICANN meetings and having worked for an ISP and a Domain Registrar I've had close personal working relationships with Verisign. I've also seen the transition from the Monopoly of Verisign/Network Solutions to a Multi-registrar system for the different TLDs.

I have to say I'll be disappointed if the current new deal with Verisign is ratified. Up to now I would have thought that generally all the ICANN decisions have been motivated by the desire to improve the Internet to the benefit of the "interest of" registrants, registrars and resellers, general public, law enforcement agencies etc... i.e. the Greater Good.

One has to be concerned as to why ICANN would seemingly be moving backwards in this Verisign issue with respect to progress previously made in the best interest of all. I truly hope that ICANN sees the need pay this subject further attention and to heed the input from this public comment forum and from direct input from concerned parties i.e. the Registrar constituency etc etc...

Adam Elliott
Toronto