ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

SHOCKING NEWS

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: SHOCKING NEWS
  • From: praveen <praveen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:17:51 +0300

From
Praveen A.S
Aexea Computers
Kozhikode
India

Respected ICANN Members,

It has been heard that the new agreement between ICANN and VERISIGN will increase the pricing of .com domains.

It is really shocking news for people like us who runs Web development companies.

Let me post some of my concerns here

This will severely affect the booming Internet industry affecting employment of many software professionals.

Even now some clients are unwilling to pay for a domain name at the time of renewal and all because they feel it is not worth to pay 10$ to keep their websites. In this situation if you increase the pricing again it will definitely affect our business. If clients are not there company will be not there.

More over there are chances of other clients moving on to country specific domain names like .co.in or .com.bh which will be cheaper than .com.

We donât want that happen to the most famous .com TLD.

So we request you to reconsider the decision and help lot of people like us to live.

Thanks and Regards Praveen Praveen@xxxxxxxxx

Confidentiality Notice

This E-mail / attachments is privileged and confidential material of
Aexea Computers and should
not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other
than the intended addressees. If this E-mail /
attachments,  has been received in error, please advise the sender
immediately and delete it from your system.
The views expressed in this E-mail message / attachments, are those of
the individual sender.