ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

UNFAIR ACT

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: UNFAIR ACT
  • From: "The Web Brains" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:47:08 -0800

Dear Sir,

We at Manglik Web Solutions Pvt Ltd are in Domain Registration and Web Hosting
Business from past 3 years and we have a very strong Presnece in India.

I just came to know that there is an agreement going to be signed between ICANN
and VERISIGN which will elad to increase in dot com prices by 7% every year !!

This is shocking and unbelievable. Its you duty to provide domain names at elst
rates so every person can use it but instead of that you are trying to make it
luxury?

In less developed and poor countries how will people pay such prices where they
are not able to afford current rate even?

The decision is totally not viable and poor for Internet industry and whole
internet history will blame the people inviolved in this.

I request to think again before taking such decision.

Thanks

Amit Sehgal
Manglik Web Solutions Pvt Ltd.