ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

another monolith in making

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: another monolith in making
  • From: <vsoft@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:51:04 +0530

We have internet, a great medium of tommorrow. It is facilitated by domains
which empower people through emails. An increase in domain name prices do
affect all the people of the world.

An unjustified increase in prices of items/ services which don't have
competition is anyway an unfair trade practice. And like huge software
companies which are charging unfair prices for their Monopoly products, we see
that now another private party Verisign wants to top the Free Money raking
business charts.

Though this does make us hardworkers envy the small group of people who sit on
virtual real estate and are cutting plots of virtual lands (which anyway are
unlimited) to make money. Where is all this taking us?

PLease join me in protesting against huge software prices as well as monolithic
domain name agreements.

Vineet Raj Kapoor
Chandigarh, India