ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

I support the settlement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I support the settlement
  • From: "Tomasz Teluk" <tomasz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:08:15 +0100

Dear ICANN Board Members

I am glad that privately-owned companies will keep the registration of domains.
I feel safer than any governments (China, Iran) or bureaucracy (the UN)
controls it.

On the other hand, long legal disputes are never good for the market. This is a
step in the rigth direction. I know the ICANN as an effective Internet
administration. It is important that we do not change things, which works well.

Do not forget about costs. This settlement is cheaper than any govermnental
activity in this case.

This agreement is also important for the Internet future. It guarantee a stable
developement of the IT technologies. This stability is crucial for businesses,
enterpreneurs and consumers. It seems that this agreement is a benefit for all!

Greetings,

Dr Tomasz Teluk

The Globalization Institute
www.globalizacja.org