ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Keep the UN away from the internet

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Keep the UN away from the internet
  • From: Tbphoenix2@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 00:01:59 EST

The workings of the Internet  are a big topic these days. I read in the paper
the other day that other  countries want to control the Internet. Why are we
consumed over ICANN while  Kofi Annan is hiring a Chinese Communist Party
official to lead the Internet  Regulation Task Force?
I don't want the Internet to  fall into the hands of the UN. Letâs keep our
eyes on the ball folks, and stop  squabbling over ICANN and Verisign.