ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] charter and mission

  • To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] charter and mission
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:08:53 -0700

Philip,

No-one has a strenuous objection to what's in DAG4 except the GAC.  The GAC's
issue was explored earlier on this list:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/soac-mapo/msg00015.html (Milton Mueller's
explanation)
http://forum.icann.org/lists/soac-mapo/msg00017.html - my attempt (I said
Milton had it a "bit wrong," but basically we were agreeing with each other)

It's open question as whether that's "really" why the GAC (more specifically
the US Gov't) doesn't like it, but that's what they say.  My note (link above)
quotes Suzanne's Sene's formulation of the objection.

Antony