ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] RE: Initial Draft ToR for Recommendation 6 Implementation Discussion

  • To: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] RE: Initial Draft ToR for Recommendation 6 Implementation Discussion
  • From: Stuart Lawley <stuart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:54:06 -0400

I agree with Richard re: universally resolvability as, I believe .IL doesn"t
resolve in many countries such as Syria and UAE.

I am not sure the word "maximizing" is the correct choice of word , but am
presently, at a loss to suggest alternative wording.

Should the working group also make explicitly clear that the ToR refer to new
gTLD's ONLY as the GAC letter of 4th August refers to "pending TLD's" that
could be construed to mean .xxx and IDN ccTLDs such as the arabic version of
the Occupied Territories of Palestine etc. , which I am sure is viewed as
"sensitive" in certain quarters.

Stuart