ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] RE: Initial Draft ToR for Recommendation 6 Implementation Discussion

  • To: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] RE: Initial Draft ToR for Recommendation 6 Implementation Discussion
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 00:57:34 -0400

On 21 Aug 2010, at 10:54, Stuart Lawley wrote:

> I agree with Richard re: universally resolvability as, I believe .IL doesn"t
> resolve in many countries such as Syria and UAE.
>
> I am not sure the word "maximizing" is the correct choice of word , but am
> presently, at a loss to suggest alternative wording.

how about "without affecting ..."

> Should the working group also make explicitly clear that the ToR refer to new
> gTLD's ONLY as the GAC letter of 4th August refers to "pending TLD's" that
> could be construed to mean .xxx

It did appear as if this was targeted in the GAC letter.  Being explicit in the
ToR is probably a good idea.

> and IDN ccTLDs such as the arabic version of the Occupied Territories of
> Palestine etc. , which I am sure is viewed as "sensitive" in certain quarters.

Would not apply to an IDN ccTLD as the fast track says that they can only be
affected by internal sensitivities - not external sensitivity; it is a
sovereignty thing. And I can't imagine that there would be that much protest
inside the Territories.  Plus hasn't it already been approved?

a.