ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [soac-mapo] Results of doodle poll

• To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Results of doodle poll
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 13:00:58 -0700

I wasn't quite sure what "voting for an issue" meant either, but did participate in the poll.

I voted for issues that seemed unresolved or where widespread disagreement seems to remain. But just because I didn't "vote for an issue" doesn't mean we drop it. For example, I did not vote for the "Independent Objector" issue because the conversation during our previous calls seemed to indicate agreement that we don't want such an objector. My vote should not be interpreted to mean that I no longer think it important to change this policy, but only that the group seems to have already resolved that issue.

Thanks,
Robin

On Sep 6, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

I have to agree with Stephane’s original observation. Although I did vote, I did not feel confident about any selection and was not sure what voting for an “issue” meant exactly. Some of the most important “issues” to me – such as whether MAPO or “sensitivity”-based objections are based on standards or are just arbitrary; or whether other basic policy recommendations are mitigated or overridden – aren’t even on the list.

From: owner-soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephane Van Gelder
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2010 2:35 PM
To: Marika Konings
Cc: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Results of doodle poll

Marika,

I found the poll confusing in many ways so did not initially take part. However, having given this some more thought, I would like to add my vote for some categories. Could you therefore please add an "ok" vote from me in columns 1,2,3,4,5 and 7 on the spreadsheet please?

Thanks

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur général / General manager

INDOM.com Noms de domaine / Domain names

Sent from my iPad

Le 6 sept. 2010 à 20:11, Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Dear All,

Please find attached the results of the doodle poll for review and discussion on the CWG Rec 6 WG meeting later today.

With best regards,

Marika
<Doodle results Rec 6 WG.xls.pdf>
<Doodle results Rec 6 WG.xls>

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
1192 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA  94117  USA
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy