ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] On the TOR

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] On the TOR
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:36:32 -0700

Just to be clear "we" did NOT agree to use the term "public interest objections" in this group. There were a number of people who objected to the use of this term, including myself, because it is a broadening of what the GNSO recommended for MAPO, goes beyond what is in the DAG4 even, and is a fuzzy, undefinable term that causes more arguments than it solves.

So I will say it again: there is no agreement in this group to invent a new category of objections called "public interest objections". There is violent disagreement with the proposal.

I hope that clarifies.

Thanks,
Robin