ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

FW: [soac-mapo] SOI - Marilyn Cade

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: [soac-mapo] SOI - Marilyn Cade
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:53:37 -0400

Marilyn Cade, CEO and Principal, ICT Strategies mCADE LLC
1.    Current vocation, employer and position : micro enterprise business
involved in Internet governance policy issues - ICT Strategies mCADE LLC, owner
and principal

2.    Type of work performed in #1 above : My company is actively engaged in
follow up activities related to the WSIS decisions from the perspective of
global corporates, representing and advising companies interested in the ITU,
IGF, ICANN's stability and accountability; global policy issues like cyber
security, child online safety; role of Internet Intermediaries,   I am a
project member of the G20 ICT Policy Network, which is focused on G20 issues
regarding economic recovery and sustainability.  I also act as catalyst to a
national IGF initiative as a pro bono activity.

3.    Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest
in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN
policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other
arrangement.
Other than as stated above, none.

4.    Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in ICANN GNSO
policy development processes and outcomes. Are you representing other parties?
Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group,
constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a work team
member. Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you receive from
participation in such processes. For example, if you are an academic or NGO and
use your position to advance your ability to participate, this should be a part
of the statement of interest, just as should employment by a contracted party,
or a business relationship with a non- contracted party who has an interest in
policy outcomes.

I advise various companies and associations regarding business user interests
in ICANN policy, including GNSO general policy development as part of my key
business activities.  I do advise a company interested in single letters.   I
am not representing any other party at this time. I was not nominated by anyone
to join this work team, and am acting in an individual capacity.

5.   Are you a member of a GNSO Constituency / Stakeholder Group, and if yes,
which one(s)? I am a member of the GNSO CSG/and the present chair of the BC;
however, the BC does  not have a position on this topic, and I am not in any
way speaking for the BC in my involvement as an individual member of the
broader business community.