ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] Leibovitch SOI

  • To: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] Leibovitch SOI
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:54:19 -0400

*1.    Current vocation, employer and position:*

York University: Open Source Architect
Xunil Corporation: Partner and Senior Consultant

*2.    Type of work performed in #1 above:*

Social networking, communications and website development
Digital media design and production

*3.    Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested
parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other arrangement.*

None.

*4.    Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in ICANN
GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. Are you representing other
parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a
work team member. Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you
receive from participation in such processes. For example, if you are an
academic or NGO and use your position to advance your ability to
participate, this should be a part of the statement of interest, just as
should employment by a contracted party, or a business relationship with a
non-contracted party who has an interest in policy outcomes.*

I have been involved in the procurement of domain names on behalf of clients
and personally own about 10, I have been involved, through At-Large, in the
advancement of ICANN policy that recognises the requirements of Internet
end-users who are stakeholders in ICANN yet have no financial relationship
-- even indirect -- with it.
*
5.   Are you a member of a GNSO Constituency / Stakeholder Group, and if
yes, which one(s)?*

I have never been a member of any GNSO constituency or group. My ICANN
participation has been wholly through At-Large, in which I currently serve
as Chair of its North American Regional Organisation (NARALO).