ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] My SOI

  • To: "soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] My SOI
  • From: "Mary Wong" <Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:30:48 -0400

1.    Current vocation, employer and position

Professor of Law & Chair of Graduate Intellectual Property Programs,
University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly the Franklin Pierce
Law Center)

2.    Type of work performed in #1 above

I teach courses and engage in research in various areas of intellectual
property law and policy. As a program chair, I am responsible for
maintaining and developing programs, curriculum and networks that
enhance my school's international reputation in intellectual property
education. I have also served on various industry committees that may
advocate certain positions relating to law reform and policymaking from
time to time.

3.    Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested
parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a
transaction, contract, or other arrangement.

None.

4.    Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in
ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. Are you
representing other parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between
you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your
nomination/selection as a work team member. Describe any tangible or
intangible benefit that you receive from participation in such
processes. For example, if you are an academic or NGO and use your
position to advance your ability to participate, this should be a part
of the statement of interest, just as should employment by a contracted
party, or a business relationship with a non- contracted party who has
an interest in policy outcomes.

Except for what is noted in #5 (below), my professional
responsibilities do not determine my extent or nature of participation
in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. My
participation in work teams is solely in my individual capacity, unless
it is specifically as a designated representative of the Non-Commercial
Stakeholder Group (which is not the case here.) I do not represent any
other party nor do I have any financial or other agreements or
arrangements with other groups, constituencies or persons.

5.   Are you a member of a GNSO Constituency / Stakeholder Group, and
if yes, which one(s)?

The University of New Hampshire, as a non-profit educational
institution, is an organizational member of the Non-Commercial
Stakeholder Group and I am its official representative to that Group.

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong@xxxxxxx.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584

In preparation for the Initial Report, you are invited to provide a
Statement of Interest (SoI) following the template below.

please copy <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Template for statement of Interest

[...]

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,