ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] Note of GAC position on paying for objections

  • To: "'soac-mapo'" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] Note of GAC position on paying for objections
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:57:53 +0200

RT wrote:
I propose amending the recommendation to this:

"Upon written request from an ICANN Advisory Group the Independent Objector (IO)
will submit an objection based on the 'Principles of Ordre Public' (note: or
whatever term we end up with to  describe this objection).     In preparing the
objection submission the IO will liaise with the relevant Advisory Group.

I support this.
The more we can knit together the various objection streams the better the
system will be from a perspective of speed, professionalism and cost.

Philip