ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP

  • To: "'soac-mapo'" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:55:53 +0200

Evan wrote:
"re DRSP - "Chuck, I really would suggest changing the name"
----------------------
I disagree for the reasons stated in an earlier post

- the intention is indeed to outsource this advice, and that constitutes a
service being provided hence SP
- there is a dispute between the applicant and the objector that this service is
helping to resolve hence DR
- it is consistent with other objection terminology in the DAG.

Lets not try to redefine useful common terminology based on linguistic
subtleties that (in English only) may advocate one position or another.

Why is this so different from other objections?
An objection (disputing the applicant's ability to get the name) is evaluated
and a determination made by the service provider.
The Board accepts or rejects that determination.

Philip