ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] Please participate - another CWG Rec 6 Poll on Issue 5

  • To: "'soac-mapo'" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] Please participate - another CWG Rec 6 Poll on Issue 5
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:38:07 +0200

Richard T wrote:
In the second option the service provider analyzes the objection and provides a
written report on this analysis to the Board (without any recommendation to
approve or reject).

-----------------------
This is madness IMHO.
That way you pay a fee and get a report that says "on the one hand, but on the
other".
Useless.
Seems entirely contrary to the point of consulting experts.
Far better to get the expert to balance the weight of collective expert thinking
and make a commitment.
Philip

PS If the Board do choose this second route I hope I can get all your support to
apply to be the expert service provider.
Piece of cake.