ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] GAC may nominate person for expert panel

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] GAC may nominate person for expert panel
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:56:30 -0700

All,

We've discussed this on calls and email,  and there seems to be a reasonable
level of support/ non-objection for it.

The Recommendation would look something like this:

Recommendation:    The GAC may nominate a suitably qualified expert panelist.
In any situation where the GAC, or any of its members, are the initiator of an
objection, including any IO objection triggered by the GAC,  a GAC nominated
panelist shall be recused.  This recommendation shall in no way alter or
diminish the standard rules and procedures for challenging any expert panelist.

I wanted to get a sense of the group and potentially doodle poll this.     Is
anyone strongly opposed to a recommendation of this nature?

Thanks

RT