ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Board chooses to duck responsibility?

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Board chooses to duck responsibility?
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:27:41 -0400

> I was thinking about this.  I am not sure that related directly to this
> group.

It does relate directly to this group. Here is the full text of resolution 2.9:

The Board acknowledges receipt of the Rec6CWG report. This is a difficult
issue, and the work of the community in developing these recommendations is
appreciated. The Board has discussed this important issue for the past three
years.

The Board agrees that ultimate responsibility for the new gTLD program rests
with the Board. The Board, however, wishes to rely on the determinations of
experts regarding these issues.

The Board will accept the Rec6 CWG recommendations that are not inconsistent
with the existing process, as this can be achieved before the opening of the
first gTLD application round, and will work to resolve any inconsistencies.
Staff will consult with the Board for further guidance as required.