ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Parting shots from the US government

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Parting shots from the US government
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:27:06 -0400

Hi,

I have seen this as a really good motivation for other countries to have local
registries and registrars so that people can avoid the US and other countries
who are behind Information curtains.

And perhaps this will become a motivation for countries to establish themselves
as freedom of information havens.  Who knows, some the major US registries
might even think of relocating. Not likely, but time for people to start
appealing for them to do so.

a.