ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] RE: Follow-up from Monday's Consultation on Rec. 6

  • To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "'soac-mapo'" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] RE: Follow-up from Monday's Consultation on Rec. 6
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:35:25 -0500

---------------
As to the questions I concur that we all agreed the Board should take ultimate
responsibility.
But I believe we recognised that the Board lacked expertise and so foresaw the
need for external experts.

Yes, as advisors not as decision makers

Whether such provision is an automatic staff referral on receipt of an
objection or needs to wait around for a Board meeting to occur, was I believe
an open question.
This seems to be the essence of the practical application question regardless
of what we call the experts.

Agree that there may be some fuzziness there. But there is no fuzziness about
the rejection of a DRSP