ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Exchange of letters between GAC and ICANN re: morality issues

  • To: "Jon Nevett" <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Konstantinos Komaitis" <k.komaitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Exchange of letters between GAC and ICANN re: morality issues
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:55:57 -0500

Totally agree Konstantinos and I am expecting  that ICANN staff will do
just that.  There is some awkwardness in this situation because the
Bylaws do not cover CWGs but the fact that the ICAN N model is based on
bottom up processes is in our favor.  To the extent that the CWG
recommendations are consistent with the GNSO recommendations that came
out of the Bylaws directed PDP, I believe that response to the CWG
recommendations is in order.  And, of course, that is the purpose of
this DT, to correct in perceptions that the CWG recommendations went
against the GNSO policy recommendations.

Chuck