ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Draft Quick Look rec

  • To: Mary Wong <Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Draft Quick Look rec
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 12:03:27 -0500

I am fine with the draft. During Margie's presentation at the GNSO, I realized that one item in the report does NOT say what we decided in the CWG (and verified with a number of group members and staff).

Recommendation 8.1 on Analysis based on string and context reads:

The experts should conduct their analysis on the basis of the string itself. It could, if needed, use as additional context the intended purpose of the TLD as stated in the application. I believe that what we decided was somewhat wider than that. Specifically the the experts could use the contents of the application and not just the "intended purpose" as stated in the application.

Alan