ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Rec6 Draft Letter

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Rec6 Draft Letter
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:37:31 -0500

Hi,

While I am sure I will find things to quibble about on deeper rereading, on
first reading I pretty much find this acceptable though do have one issue.

With regard to:

> The suggestion in Cartagena of a catch-all
> discrimination criteria – such as "any other discriminations that are
> generally recognized
> under international law" – seems to be acceptable to many of the CWG members.

This is not what I am comfortable with.  What I would be comfortable with is
replacing any list of discriminations with a phrase such as " any
discriminations that are generally recognized under international law".  The
discussion on this was rather hurried so I am not sure I made myself clear at
the time.

I still feel strongly that if any discriminations are mentioned, then a more
comprehensive list should be included.  But I am fine if the entire explicit
list is removed in favor of an implicit list.

a.