ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-general]

eo tld

  • To: stld-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: eo tld
  • From: Jordi Haarman <jordi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:24:08 +0200

Hello,

Most people have the possibility to register a domainname that covers their
background. Often influenced by the region/country they live in.
Unfortunately esperantist do not have that opportunity. Since esperanto is a
free language which is not 'backed-up/promoted' by a large economic power but
nevertheless spoken by quite some people allover the world, it would be a
pity if it had no own tld. Since there is no economic entity behind esperanto
there is in my knowledge now way of paying the amount of money that is
required to have ICANN even considder the tld. I wondered if there is another
route we can take in a way that ICANN could support this language of
humanity, freedom and equality.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jordi Haarman